In life, there is nothing like listening to your own advice from another person’s mouth.
Its not that you don’t know about it, but it is reassuring to know that another person thinks the same way.
To know that you are not the only one who thinks about it that way.
Most importantly, it is reassuring.
Because only then you would know that advice is not a complete mistake.
Because there are many times where you would have done what you think what is right and things might not have turned out that way.
What way? That right way, right result that you so dearly sought out for.
Its not a matter of a lack of confidence but more of a matter of having a bit too much of it.
This is written as I think of the words that my brother, a brother from another mother, said to me.
However, there is an important advice in there that I would have missed if I acted accordingly on my own.
You know, 90% of these is evasion, almost everything she says is trying to evade, so its time to move on brother. 2 years and a half in waiting is long enough. Everyone in life seeks for that positive reassurance, that positive support in live. People get together as a couple not because they are lonely, rather, there is a need to share the burdens in life with another, to be one another’s pillar of support. To be... That positive reassurance. Always knowing, when there is something going on in your life, there is someone to share that with. No matter joy or sorrow. There is someone there to share it with.
But remember, also be that other person’s pillar of support. A relationship is not about one person doing his or her best trying to make it happen. The compromise is never one way. If it is, that is the wrong way you are going down. It is about compromising and being one another’s pillar of support.
Being each other’s positive reassurance that is there for sorrow or joy may come.
Yeah, of course I knew this.
I knew that all this while that evasion have been present.
The evasion that denied me the chance to be her pillar of support, as she was not prepared to be mine.
I always thought, if I did not have closure I could not move on.
Closure was what I needed in order to move on.
However, this bit of advice was one that I did not think of.
In life, if every relationship was ended the right way with the closure, then there would never be a chance down the road to reignite it. Thus, not everything in life must be closed off. Some doors we should just keep open as we do not know what may come from it in the future. Even if it was 90% evasion. There was always a chance. There is still that 10%.
This was the part that I missed out.
I may have worded it differently, but that was always the point.
Was never about closure.
That was what my naive heart never figured out.
And now I knew.
In life, it is not always about closure but somehow its about learning to move on.
Learning to look pass it.
That maybe she is not meant for you.
I always thought of her as my Robin Sparkles.
It was the same story line, two and a half years invested.
With hope in the heart, that it was gonna be.
Just the difference between her and Robin was that Robin was always around.
She was not.
The messages are lukewarm I said when people asked.
Who am I kidding?
I knew it was not.
My attempt to catch the robin of my heart was fading.
She was flying away.
The closer I got. The further she flew away.
With that, I must accept.
That my robin was destined to flew up above without me.
But who knows, maybe in the future I too would be up there flying with her.
But for now.
I need to accept that fact.
I need to let my Robin fly.
(Yeah I know its been long since I posted anything, but I feel blogging is a fad that has passed, but I love writing, and will try to update more often. Will try to keep the sad and sappy parts moderated. Cheerios.)